Nan Wu's homepage
Department of Mathematics, Duke University
120 Science Drive, Physics Building
Durham, NC 27708
Email: first name.last email@example.com
I am a William W. Elliott Assistant Research Professor in Duke University.
I got my Ph.D in mathematics from the University of Toronto in 2018 under the supervision
of Alex Nabutovsky and Hau-Tieng Wu
My research focuses on establishing the mathematical foundations and application of tools of the massive data analysis.
I am also interested in different variational problems in Riemannian geometry.
I apply tools in geometry, mathematical analysis and probability to study the problems in massive data analysis.
Especially, I study and develop algorithms in manifold learning.
I use quantitative topology to study different variational problems in differential geometry including
closed geodesics and minimal surfaces.
- Diffusion Based Gaussian Process on Restricted Domains
(with David B Dunson, Hau-Tieng Wu), submitted. arXiv:2010.07242
- Strong Uniform Consistency with Rates for Kernel Density Estimators with General Kernels on Manifolds
(with Hau-Tieng Wu), submitted. arXiv:2007.06408
- Data-driven Efficient Solvers and Predictions of Conformational Transitions for Langevin Dynamics on Manifold in High Dimensions
(with Yuan Gao, Jian-Guo Liu), submitted. arXiv:2005.12787
- Spectral Convergence of Graph Laplacian and Heat Kernel Reconstruction in $L^\infty$ from Random Samples
(with David B Dunson, Hau-Tieng Wu), submitted. arXiv:1912.05680
- When Locally Linear Embedding Hits Boundary
(with Hau-Tieng Wu), submitted. arXiv:1811.04423
- Length of a Shortest Closed Geodesic in Manifolds of Dimension Four
(with Zhifei Zhu), accepted by Journal of Differential Geometry. arXiv:1702.07033
- Connecting Dots-from Local Covariance to Empirical Intrinsic Geometry and Locally
(with John Malik, Chao Shen, Hau-Tieng Wu), Pure and Applied Analysis, Volume 1 (2019), No. 4, 515-542.
- An Upper Bound for the Smallest Area of a Minimal Surface in Manifolds of Dimension
(with Zhifei Zhu), Journal of Geometric Analysis, Volume 30, (2020) 573-600.
- Think Globally and Fit Locally Under the Manifold Setup: Asymptotic Analysis of
Locally Linear Embedding
(with Hau-Tieng Wu), Annals of Statistics, Volume 46, Number 6B (2018), 3805-3837.
- 2019 Fall, MATH 212 Multivariable Calculus, Duke University
- 2019 Spring, MATH 212 Multivariable Calculus, Duke University
- 2018 Fall, MATH 212 Multivariable Calculus, Duke University
- 2017 Fall, MAT135 Calculus 1(A) (First year calculus), University of Toronto
- 2016 Summer, MAT235 Calculus II (Multivariable calculus), University of Toronto