John A. Trangenstein, Professor Emeritus
202 Physics Building, 919-660-2824,
B.S. University of Chicago (1972)
Ph.D. Cornell University (1975)
Numerical Solution of
Hyperbolic Partial Differential Equations (Cambridge University Press,
Numerical Solution of Elliptic and Parabolic Partial Differential Equations (Cambridge University Press, 2013)
free software accompanying Numerical Solution of Elliptic and Parabolic Partial Differential Equations
- Wenjun Ying, Ph.D. 2005
- Richard B. Clelland, Ph.D. 1996
- Thesis: "Simulation of Granular and Fluid Systems Using Combined Continuous and Discrete Methods"
- Initial position: NSF Postdoctoral Fellow, SUNY Stony Brook
- Subsequent position: NSF Postdoctoral Fellow, Courant Institute
- Current position: Assistant Professor of Mathematics,
U. Colorado at Boulder
- Khaled Furati, Ph.D. 1995
- Thesis: "A Hysteretic Polymer Flooding Model"
- Current position: Faculty, King Fahd University
- Richard D. Hornung, Ph.D. 1994
- Thesis: "Adaptive Mesh Refinement and Multi-Level Iteration Techniques"
- Previous position: NSF Industrial Mathematics Post Doctoral Fellow,
Mobil Exploration and Producing Technology Co. (Dallas)
and Duke U.
- Current position: Applied Mathematician,
Center for Applied Scientific Computing, LLNL
- (1996-1997) Ilya Mishev, Ph.D 1996, Texas A & M
Currently at Mobil Exploration and Producing Technology Company (Dallas)
- (1994-1996) Richard Hornung, Ph.D 1994, Duke U.
Currently at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- (1992-1995) Sameer A. Khan, Ph.D 1992, U. Texas at Austin.
Currently Reservoir Engineer, Exxon Production Research Co, Houston
Return to: Faculty List *
Department of Mathematics *