- Wednesday, October 8, 2003, 10:20pm, Thin Films Seminar
- Organizational Meeting
- Wednesday, October 15, 2003, 12:00pm, Thin Films Seminar
- Group Reading: Linear stability and transient growth in driven contact lines,
Andrea L. Bertozzi and Michael P. Brenner,
Physics of Fluids, March 1997, Volume 9, Issue 3, pp. 530-539, and
Axial instability of a free-surface front in a partially filled horizontal
rotating cylinder, A. E. Hosoi and L. Mahadevan,
Physics of Fluids, January 1999, Volume 11, Issue 1, pp. 97-106.
- Wednesday, October 22, 2003, 12:00pm, Thin Films Seminar
- Group Reading: Effect of van der Waals Interactions on the Fingering
Instability of Thermally Driven Thin Wetting Films, A. A. Golovin,
B. Y. Rubinstein, and L. M. Pismen, Langmuir 2001, 17, 3930-3936.
- Wednesday, October 29, 2003, 12:00pm, Thin Films Seminar
- Group Reading: Gravity flow of a non-Newtonian fluid sheet on an inclined
plane, H. Pascal, Int J Engng Sci, vol 29 #10, p 1307-1313, 1991.
and Thin film of non-Newtonian fluid on an incline, CA Perazzo, J Gratton,
Phys. Rev. E 67, 016307 (2003) (6 pages).
- Wednesday, November 5, 2003, 10:20pm, Thin Films Seminar
- Group Reading:
`Viscoelastic Fluid Mechanics: Interaction between prediction and experiment',
DV Boger, Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, v. 12 234-243 (1996).
- Wednesday, November 12, 2003, 12:00pm, Thin Films Seminar
- Group Reading:
'Long-surface-wave instability in dense granular flows',
by Forterre and Pouliquen, JFM, 486:21 (2003)
- Wednesday, November 19, 2003, 10:20pm, Thin Films Seminar
Jeanman Sur and Karen Daniels (), TBA
Generated at 10:20pm Saturday, August 18, 2018 by Mcal. Top