Chautauqua Course 27
Teaching Mathematics with Online Materials
June 26-28, 2001
Tuesday, June 26
9:00-9:20 AM Introduction and logistics
9:20-10:15 AM A survey of useful sites
10:15-10:30 AM Break
10:30-Noon Small group exploration of Web sites: Select a favorite learning
object and explain why you like it.
Noon-1:00 PM Lunch
1:00-1:45 PM Online materials using computer algebra systems
1:45-3:00 PM Small group exploration of CCP
(Connected Curriculum Project). See the Connected Curriculum Project Notes.
3:00-3:15 PM Break
3:15-4:15 PM Student reports (Maple
4:15-5:00 PM Open discussion of issues raised during the day
Wednesday, June 27
- 9:00 AM-10:15 AM Mathematical Sciences Digital Library (MathDL)and the National Science Digital Library (NSDL). Link to the Power Point presentation.
- 10:15 AM - 10:30 AM Break
- 10:30 AM-Noon Course Organization (Log in as guest with password guest.)
- Noon-1:00 PM Lunch
- 1:00 PM-2:00 PM Course Info: General explanation
- 2:00 PM-2:30 PM Discussion
- 2:30 PM-2:45 PM Break
- 2:45 PM-3:45 PM Teaching Without a Textbook:
- 3:45 PM-4:15 PM Discussion
- 4:15 PM-5:00 PM Exploration of sites recommended by participants.
Thursday, June 28
Click here to return to the workshop homepage.
Return to: Duke
University * Mathematics Department
* Learning Materials
Revised on 6/27/01