- Upcoming meetings:
Nonlinear Dynamics and Fluid Instabilities in the 21stCentury,
Dynamics Days 2012
- Some conference photos
- On-site registration: checks should be made payable to "Duke University
-- Dynamics Days Conference"
- Poster sessions: all posters should be displayed in both sessions;
set-up occurs during the Thursday evening session, viewing and discussion of
posters continues during the Friday afternoon session. Posters should be
removed before the end of the conference on Saturday.
- Conference schedule posted.
- New links added under Visitor Information.
- Free wireless access is available throughout the hotel.
- Conference group code at Carolina Inn hotel: 200289, group rate is
$114/night, limited availability -- no longer available via web!! Please
call directly at 1-800-962-8519!
- Tentative overall schedule: Conference begins Weds Jan 5, 9:00 am,
Conference ends Sat, Jan 8, noon.
- Poster presentations: Poster sizes should be (4 feet)*(4 feet) or
- The invited talks:
- R. Allen: Evolutionary Dynamics for Migrating Populations
- B. Andreotti: Ripples, dunes, bars and meanders
- A. Bertozzi: Swarming by Nature and by Design
- M. Ben Amar: Shape instability of growing tumors
- K. Daniels: Faults & Earthquakes as Granular Phenomena: Controls on
- B. Drossel: The Nonlinear Population Dynamics of Pacific Salmon
- J. Gollub: Dynamics and Interactions of Swimming Cells
- P. Holmes: Still Running! Recent Work on the Neuromechanics of Insect
- E. Knobloch: Spatially localized structures in two dimensions
- J. Kurths: Network of Networks and the Climate System
- W. Losert: The Path to Fracture: Dynamics of Broken Link Networks in Granular Flows
- A. Mahadevan: Erosional Channelization in Porous Media
- T. Nishikawa: Compensatory structures in network synchronization
- C. O'Hern: Statistical Mechanics of Packing: From Proteins to Cells to
- E. Ott: Low Dimensional Dynamics in Large Systems of Coupled
- J. Rogers: Nonlinear Programs and DARPA
- L. Shaw: Stochastic Extinction along an Optimal Path
- L. Virgin: Rocking and Rolling